History

History

We were founded in 1946 in Lincoln, Nebraska by Architect Ken Clark and Landscape Architect Larry EnersenHarvard University classmates who shared a commitment to collaboration and excellence in design. Together they built the firm's foundation through a wide range of public and private work across Nebraska.

Seven decades and four generations of leadership later, The Clark Enersen Partners has grown into one of the most respected design firms in the region. In 1999, we became incorporated in Missouri and opened our Kansas City office to specialize in the design of science and research laboratories and related post-secondary educational facilities. In addition, we opened a Kansas office in 2009, our Oregon office in 2014, and the Colorado office in 2018. We believe our status as a full-service firm enhances our ability to provide premier service to our clients.

While the firm, world views, and design profession have changed dramatically, the foundation of our practice—based on a foundation of integrity, collaboration, and leadership—guarantees our best days are ahead.